Gallery

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Silver sea...


The weather forecast for today was way off. Overcast with some rain was predicted, but by early morning the clouds had rolled away and blue skies prevailed.

It was mid afternoon before I ventured out with a camera, and once again I chose the seaside for my shooting location. I could have (and did) make all the usual shots of walkers on the surf line, or cloud formations, but just before the sun dipped down behind a cloud bank to the West, I took a series of photographs which I knew I would convert to black and white as I fired the shutter. Pointing the lens into the light produced a high contrast mono image. Just the way I like 'em.

70-200mm f/2.8 Apo Sigma lens. 1/800 second at f/8. + 1 stop EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2011

No comments: