Gallery

Friday, December 02, 2011

December dawn...

A pre-dawn inspection of the sky from my bedroom window confirms yesterday's weather forecast: it's clear. It takes me just a few moments to pack my camera bag with two lenses, have breakfast and cycle to the beach at Southbourne, Bournemouth, and photograph the sunrise.

Conditions are near perfect and couldn't be more different to the corresponding day last year at the same location. The sun rises at 7.47am and I start making photographs. I'm lucky this morning as the cloud bank near the horizon allows me to shoot the sun as it appears over the sea, then shortly after gives me a sunburst from behind the cloud while it is still low in the sky.


70-200mm f/2.8 Apo Sigma lens. 1/200 second at f/11. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2011

1 comment:

Nic said...

Very lovely. P