Gallery

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Greylag...

At last, the weather is something like it should be at this time of year, with blue skies and temperatures touching 17º C; time to get out with a camera. It has been quite a while since I did any serious shooting, so I head to Poole Park, Dorset to see what is growing, bird wise, on the lake.

At this time of year the resident Greylag geese are usually tending young, and I was not disappointed. It is difficult to count accurately the number of goslings in each family, but I gauge that there are approximately 26 little un's between two families.

I have photographed at this location two years running, and posts relating to the shoots can be found here and here, but this time I am blessed with an abundance of daisies to add to the feel of the photographs; something that was lacking in the past.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor.

Top: 1/6400 second at f/2.8. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200
Right: 1/6400 second at f/3.2. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 200


© 2012

No comments: