Gallery

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Weight loss...

Yesterday's blip in the weather has been suppressed by a return of the British early summer: overcast and occasional light rain. Nevertheless, I am determined to get my photography back on track, and go for a stroll along the seafront of Poole Bay, Dorset.

I'm travelling light; very light. In fact, I don't think it is possible to take less gear on a shoot and produce successful images, to the point of just one lens and a stripped down camera body. In fact, the reduced bulk and weight is something of a delight to use. Maybe I should try it more often.

Today's image is of man-made patterns on the beach, produced by rake attachments on a tractor, and those of nature, as water later flowed over the top and smoothed out the textures.


50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor. 1/125 second at f/8. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

No comments: