Gallery

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The smaller picture...

The sun has come out! Not only that, but the thermometer touched 25ºC today, so the wind was nice and warm, and the trend is to continue for the rest of the week. Let's hope it doesn't get any hotter, though, as 25º is about my upper limit of tolerance when working. Above that and I start to visibly lose interest.

I have acquired the taste of travelling very light of late - no macho camera bodies or arm-wrenching lenses - and it makes a significant difference to the way I approach shooting for the pleasure of it. I'm out looking for the smaller picture (as opposed to the bigger one), and it's the diagonal sunlight cutting across the painted door of a beach hut that draws me in. A simple composition, but effective - made stronger by the shadow; the contrast of the red and white paint -  whilst the door hinge becomes the focal point.


50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor. 1/2500 second at f/8. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISI 400.


© 2012

No comments: