Gallery

Thursday, November 29, 2012

All in a row...

After yesterday's debacle involving a power failure at a crucial moment, today I am fully recharged (both mentally and battery-wise), and set off out for an afternoon's shoot in glorious winter conditions. If anything, the sky is too clear. Despite the low angle of the sun at this time of year, a bland expanse of blue isn't my idea of a photogenic firmament. Fortunately, sufficient hazy cloud - plus a few con trails - move in late in the day, and give me something to work with when the time comes.

Although the tide at Boscombe Beach is still an hour or so away from its lowest, there is enough of the the freshly exposed sand to make things interesting, and the two elements I seek come together at the right time. And that's what it's all about, isn't it? Timing. I love the way the ripples of the sand act as lead-in lines, and echo  the sky. I make photographs until the sun has set, but the most successful are the ones where the light has caught the rows created by tidal action.


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/90 second at f/11.  - 1.67 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012


No comments: