Gallery

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Global village...

"I think Villas-Boas will get the sack, and they will ask Harry Redknapp to come back..."
A snipped of conversation I overhear between two men as they walk past me on Boscombe Pier, late this afternoon. I'm sitting facing the sunset, and watching someone on the beach take a photograph of a small child that may well be viewed by a future generation 100 years from now - assuming, of course, the image is not lost to some system crash, or failure to be transferred to a more up-to-date retrieval system. Just a thought...
 
                                ***********************

I was inspired by, of all things, an advert on Facebook for today's photograph. I didn't actually click on the advert (perish the thought) but the merest glimpse of an editing software technique galvanised me into action. It had been a bright, crisp day, and I was planning to, at the very least, go for a walk with my camera, but now there was no time to waste!

I already have in mind where I will shoot (the seafront of Poole Bay, Dorset), and what the subject matter will be, so I pack a wide angle lens and set off; but not before a bit of swift research online to brush up on what I need to do. I won't go into any details, here, since they can be found in numerous tutorials on the internet (there is even a dedicated site), but initially I need to shoot a 360º panorama to get things moving, and Adobe Photoshop is going play a significant part in the process. The first two sequences I shoot turn out to be pretty boring, but I know I am getting close to what I want when I use Boscombe Spa Village as the focal point in making my Tiny Planet. I am quite pleased with my first attempt, although there is room for improvement... but the seed is sown.


12-24mm f/4G AF-S Nikkor. 1/250 second at f/8. ISO 200.


© 2012

No comments: