Gallery

Friday, November 23, 2012

Weather-wise, I am between two fronts, as overnight strong winds and heavy rain made way for winter sunshine and an almost windless day, along the coast of Dorset, today. I had been staying with my friend Nic - who lives in Kent - for a few days, and timed my drive home to avoid the bad weather with a couple of hours to spare. However, despite the current calm there are more poor conditions expected over the coming weekend, so it may well be time to get amongst it all with my camera when it comes in.

But for the time being I am making the most of what I have available during late afternoon. I had been eying a lone cloud for the best part of an hour, waiting for it to move in front of the watery, sun... or move anywhere, but it seems determined to hang stationary due to the lack of wind. I had almost given up on it when quite unexpectedly it broke up (image), and instantly became more photogenic. That action, plus the spreading con trails from high-flying aircraft, rescued afternoon's shoot. Hopefully, tomorrow will be different.



24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/2000 second at f/5.6. + 1 Stop EV compensation. ISO 200


© 2012

1 comment:

Nic said...

We didn't get the best of weather, did we? How we survived Rye, I'll never know.