Gallery

Friday, February 08, 2013

I spy...

I had recently noticed that the tree at the bottom of my garden was producing buds, but it was whilst I was watching a song thrush at the bird feeder today that I became aware of emerging pink flowers. This is roughly a month in advance of the usual display of blossoms on this particular species, and although there was only one fully open flower that I could see (and too high up to get at), it is still early.

Fortunately, it is an overcast and windless day, so getting sharp, low contrast images was not difficult. It was still risky though, as the low light of a late winter's afternoon was forcing me to use slow shutter speeds for the aperture I wanted. A tripod and remote release did the rest.



105mm f/2.8D Sigma macro lens. 1/15 second at f/6.3.  - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400. Tripod and remote release. Mirror lock up



© 2013

No comments: