Gallery

Monday, February 04, 2013

Sticking it out for all the right reasons...

I nearly missed this shot. Up until that point I had been more or less haphazardly snapping various cloud formations all afternoon - none of which were particularly interesting; none of which were inspiring. I know the images will get deleted during the first edit, but I continue anyway.

By 4.30pm I had almost resigned myself to not getting anything at all as the thick grey clouds rolled in from the north west, but since there was still another half hour before sunset I allowed experience work in my favour, and I decided to stick it out.

I was right. While there is light there is still a chance, and as the cloud bank parted I was treated to spectacular variations of light and colour and I start to make photographs with some purpose.




24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/1000 second at f/8. ISO 400. Monopod.



© 2013

No comments: