Gallery

Friday, February 14, 2014

The last of the series...



With a month's worth of rain due to fall over the next 24 hours, the weathermen are suggesting that the current storm I am sitting through as I write will be the last one of the current series. After that, we should get back to typical British winter weather, which usually consists of wind and rain; maybe even cold. I'll be glad when it all stops, to be honest, and I can dispose of the use of the skylight filters I have on my lenses. These are things I don't normally use as I feel they take the edge off of premium glass, but they do make the cleaning of the front element that much easier and safer in the field when they become coated in airborne contaminates, such as salt spray.

The effects of spring are beginning to show in a local park - crocuses have been out for several weeks - but today I saw the first daffodil in full bloom. It was just the one head flowering, but a bit more colour nonetheless, unlike most of my photography of late. I am really enjoying producing black and white photographs when the image lends itself to the treatment, and this is mainly due to the versatility of Abobe Lightroom. I had dabbled with monochrome in Photoshop, but find Lightroom suits me better in the way I work.

I make no apologies for today's image being similar to that of last Friday's post (and almost from the same spot), but I liked the light and made the photograph.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/125 second at f/8. ISO 640



© 2014

No comments: