Gallery

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Through the gap...



It has been the wettest start to the year in the UK for 200 years, the TV man tells me on the 6 o'clock news, and I believe him. There has been more poor weather today - although nothing like storm conditions where I am - and it is estimated that if it stops raining now then there will still be flooding for the next three to six months. There is more rain on the way.

There are days of respite, at least if you want to be outdoors, and today has a feel of spring about it. It is far from cold - despite the brisk wind - and the days are growing noticeably longer, and for the first time this year the setting sun shines through a gap between nearby buildings onto where I sit and work.



70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/1250 second at f/5.6. ISO 320



© 2014

2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Weird weather here too. 2 more snow days for me and my students. That makes 4 so far this year. Last year it never even got cold. With global climate change it's bound to get weirder. Great pics. I listened to some of your blues. Very cool.

Richard Brewer said...

We are getting the knock-on effects of your weather, Tim, with a large part of the Atlantic thrown in for added measure. Our weather people say the whole lot originates over the Pacific Ocean, so we have that to blame.

Thanks again for your welcome comments. :-)