Gallery

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Two for the price of one...

With the 'real' start to spring just around the corner - and the weather forecast promising to all but wipe-out the rest of the week - an unexpected break in the clouds during mid-sfternoon prompts me to make the most of what's on offer before it's too late.

I have two lenses in my bag today, but no pre-conceived intentions of what I want to shoot. This approach can be as productive as a planned session, and it is pure chance that blocks of colour and shape turn out to be the success of the afternoon. The refreshment kiosk on the beach at Sandbanks, Dorset, is my subject, and I particularly like the way the photograph appears to have two distinct images within the frame. The final image is un-cropped.









24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/640 second at f/11. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200. Monopod


© 2013

No comments: