Gallery

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Under spring skies...

Spring is struggling to establish itself, here in the South, as the unseasonal temperatures and weather struggle to strike a balance - sub-zero, snow and strong winds at the start of the week; today up to 7ºC and bright sunshine. You can't say it doesn't make it interesting.

I seize the opportunity to photograph the emerging daffodils, and having been disappointed with yesterday's location check (they were mostly blown over to about 45 degrees - a result of the winds), I get on my bike and ride along the seafront of Poole Bay, Dorset, to my secondary patch at Branksome Chine. Here they are faring much better due to the shelter of the cliffs, and I spend half an hour in the warmth of a spring day getting the shots I have been waiting for.

Although the season is taking its own sweet time to get into full swing this is a good thing, since the later it starts the longer it lasts. Just as I begin to think about swapping the winter tyres on my bike for something with less tread I hear that the rain returns tomorrow. I'll give it another week, I think.



300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/2000 second at f/4. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200



© 2013

No comments: