Gallery

Friday, September 27, 2013

A silhouette, and something less exotic...


Not what I would call an Indian summer, but for the last week in September it is certainly mild, so I'm out enjoying the afternoon sunshine with my camera. I'm by the sea, but the hazy light is not going to give me any drama, so I just shoot into the light to produce silhouettes by way of a change - the most successful image seen here (left). Relying on shape only it is an easy yet effective way to make striking images.











The other photograph, although not exactly award-winning in content, relates directly to this post, having shot the original from an usual angle to create an image where the subject was not immediately obvious. As you can now see, it is nothing more exciting than a drainpipe set into the sea wall. I must admit that the original shot had something organic-looking about it; possibly the remains of an exotic sea creature washed up on the beach, but the reality is a tad more mundane.





Top: 85mm f/1.4 AF Nikkor. 1/8000 second at f/2.5. ISO 200. Split toned
Right: 24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/500 second at f/8. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320





© 2013

2 comments:

Nic said...

I think it is a very exotic drain pipe. actually.

Now there's a sentence I won't ever say again.

Richard Brewer said...

Never say never, Nic. :-)