Gallery

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lost and broken...


I read it online, so it must be true: summer stopped in the UK on 9th September. It certainly has got much cooler from what was a warm season for us, but since autumn is still 5 days away we must be in some kind of seasonal doldrum. What I do know is that it is raining.

One thing is for certain; sunglasses are not required, - at least for the time being - as I come across this lost and broken pair on a wall on Boscombe beach, Dorset, this afternoon. Bent frames; a missing lens - the remaining one rain-spotted -  and it quickly becomes a target for my lens.

As I take a series of shots the idea of converting to monochrome and split toning the image enters my mind for the finished photograph, as shown in the image on the right. I have included the original colour picture so that the viewer can make up their mind if the treatment lends itself to the subject, or merely which one they prefer.



24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/2000 second at f/2.8. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2013

3 comments:

Nic said...

Apparently back up to low 20s on Saturday. And I'm sticking to that else I'll be very disappointed.

So that's wear my glasses went...

Nic said...

See, these brain drugs wot they put in my brain made me forget wot homophone to use and I fort it wuld get better but it never. apart from that my grammer is grate.

Richard Brewer said...

Better :-)