Gallery

Friday, September 06, 2013

Ephemeral light and dancing leaves...

Summer is all but done; the leaves on the trees are beginning to turn and fall, and morning mists are becoming more frequent. It is also getting cooler. However, nature continues in all its glory whilst the changeable weather produces dramatic, fleeting light for the landscape photographer. (left)

I was beginning to think that I was not going to get anything worthwhile with my camera, today, but for a few moments it all came together and I was in the right place at the right time on the Dorset Stour Local Nature Reserve (left).

The other image simply presented itself to me as I rode past. The brown, dry leaf, caught in a spider's web; fluttering and dancing on the breeze; the blue painted wall and oblique angle of the sun's rays, and it was too much to resist. I simply had no choice but to stop to make photographs.


I love this time of year and I love this light.















Top: 12-24mm f/4G AF-S Nikkor. 1/400 second at f/11.  -1 stop EV Compensation. ISO 400
Right: 24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/800 second at f/8. - 0.33 EV Compensation. ISO 400



© 2013



   

No comments: