Gallery

Friday, September 20, 2013

Bike...

I'm spending the weekend with my best friend Nic - talented photographer and musician - partly to share in my birthday celebrations, and partly in an attempt to get airborne for the first time in my life. Both events are entirely connected. The chosen mode of transport will be by hot air balloon, but of course entirely dependant on weather conditions. Several times over the past year or so the pre-arranged flights have been postponed at the last minute as a result of less-than-ideal flying weather, but that's all booked for tomorrow morning, and we spend the early evening walking the local fields.

The abandoned bicycle, stripped of most of the useful parts, is photographed as found. I am lucky enough to get a brief break in early evening cloud to make my subject interesting, and manage three shots before the light disappears for the day. But that's okay. I'm always pleased to get something when out with a camera.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/60 second at f/8.  -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400. Monopod



© 2013

4 comments:

Nic said...

I'm wondering where that bike will be next time I go there. Considering it's state, it seems to travel all over the place up and down that stretch. It's a bike ghost. :O

Richard Brewer said...

Maybe someone will realise the most valuable bit is the frame, and it will disappear altogether. Keep me posted.

Nic said...

I doubt that. It's been there for years. I'll keep a ghost bike diary.

I like your post labels. It makes it much easier. I don't like, however, the fact that I have not got my own section. I want all posts that make reference to me to be tagged 'Pixie', and then I can count them all up and see how important I am. :P

Richard Brewer said...

You are lucky to get post labels, as it took some figuring out how to do it. Adding another section will have to wait for another day; another slice of luck. :P

Keep me posted about the bike, though.