Gallery

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Easy drama...

At last I am given a bit of drama. It has either been overcast and raining, or sunshine and blue skies over the past week or so, and although I subscribe to the maxim: 'there is no such thing as bad light for photography', I have been itching to shoot something moody, even if it isn't mean.

The seascape idea is very much on the top of my list at the moment, so once the forecast showery weather started rolling in off the Atlantic I am down on the local beaches as soon as the sun is low enough in the sky.

The tide is also falling during late afternoon, so I walk along the low water line, making photographs as I go. I decide to convert the images to mono whilst shooting as I find the monochrome combination of waves and clouds appealing. However, I go one step further at the processing stage and selenium tone the finished image (above).



Some images are made; some are waited for, and some are walked into, as with the backlit photo of two kite surfers on Boscombe beach. I simply strolled along behind one coming out of the water, and as he set the kite onto the sand and began to dismantle his rig, I took a sequence of images before the sun disappeared behind the cloud bank.

Easy





24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor.

Top: 1/8000 second at f/8.  - 1.33 EV compensation. ISO 400
Right: 1/3200 second at f/8  -0.37 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2013

No comments: