Gallery

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Leaves on the trees, and a marble count...


It is ridiculously warm, today, and it's set to get warmer as the week progresses. I had intended to shoot the fallen leaves of autumn, but because of the good summer it seems that the trees are hanging on to them for longer. Certainly more so than this time last year. I do get one or two pleasing images, such as the back-lit leaf (above), but soon give up and decide to head for the beach.



It's as I arrive there that the temperature soars, no doubt due to the clear sky and the sun reflecting off of the sea. By the time I reach the beach itself it is so warm I am down to shirt sleeves. There are people sun bathing, and two people can be seen swimming in the sea. Mind you, the water is still relatively warm - having not had time to cool down since the summer - so their quantity of marbles does not come into question just yet. I think we have the makings of an Indian summer.



24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor.

Top: 1/1000 second at f/7.1. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400
Below: 1/800 seconf at f/11 + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200



© 2013

2 comments:

Nic said...

"Quantity of marbles" :)

Richard Brewer said...

I was quite pleased with that one, myself. :-)