Gallery

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Walk the line...

It is a perfect autumn day, here in Dorset: above average temperatures, and just the right amount of cloud in the sky to keep things very pleasant. I also have spring tides at the beach during late afternoon.

At low water I am shooting from a local pier, absolutely determined to make the most of the warm colours of nearby buildings reflected in the exposed wet sand. What I need is someone or something to enter the area to give a focal point to a photograph, but it doesn't happen. Not for a good while, anyway. There are numerous near-misses, but they all miss the mark and the shot doesn't work. Now, if I wanted people to stay out of frame I would have had an endless procession of walkers coming into the picture...  It can be very frustrating at times, which ever way you look at it. Eventually, an obliging paddler ambles along the water line; shoes in hand, and I get something useable. She even has the courtesy to walk back in the opposite direction a few minutes later, but I think I'll stick with this one.


70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/1600 second at f/5.6. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2013

No comments: