Gallery

Monday, December 30, 2013

'twixt the waves...



Overnight strong winds and rain quickly give way to bright sunshine by mid morning, and having taken care of the day's business early on I decide it's time for some photography. Conditions seem about right for kite surfing, so I pack a long lens and set off for the beach for some action shots. All too often I have the wrong lenses with me when these people are zipping about 'twixt the waves, so this time I feel I have all bases covered. The only thing stopping me is the total absence of any kite surfers whatsoever. Well, the was one that had been out there, doing it, but he was now in the process of packing up and no use to me at all. Very unusual, for the conditions. Perhaps they are all still at work.

I eventually find three canopies bobbing around in the distance - each one denoting a surfer somewhere beneath - and I get some shots before the light goes. Not quite what I was hoping for, but better than drawing a blank.


300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor with TC-14EII converter.  1/640 second at f/6.3. ISO 640



© 2013

No comments: