Gallery

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Sit...



The stormy weather continues, with the wind blowing and the rain, er... raining, but I am determined to mark the start of 2014 with some photography. On days like this I tend to head for the sea, and watch the few people who brave such conditions deal with with whatever nature throws at them. Dog walkers are a favourite subject at such times, as whilst their owners try to keep a respectful distance from the surf, their pets tend to do the opposite.

There are not many in evidence, today, and standing on the beach in the pouring rain is beginning to get the better of me as the light fades, but eventually my perseverance is rewarded and I get the shot. Keeping the front element of the lens free from raindrops is a constant battle, but I don't let it concern me unduly. I even add a grain effect to the finished image in Adobe Lightroom, which helps convey the grittiness of the afternoon.


12-24mm f/4G AF-S Nikkor. 1/800 second at f/4. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 800



© 2014

No comments: