Gallery

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blue...


It has been some weeks without any appreciable poor weather, and the double-figure temperatures - on the Celsius scale - and warm spring sunshine almost appear to be lulling us into a false sense of security. In fact, the continual storms during the early part of the year disappeared so quickly it is almost like they never happened at all.

There is rain due later this week, but for the time being I'm out and making the most of the light before the sun starts climbing too high into the sky and I am restricted to shooting at either end of the day. I'm also using one of my favourite - and cheapest - lenses: the 50mm f/1.8. I have extolled its virtues elsewhere on this blog, but when I am simply out for a casual stroll and some informal snapping I find it the idea optic, especially when closing-in on and isolating subjects from their surroundings.



50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor. 1/640 second at f/8. IS) 250



© 2014

No comments: