Gallery

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Colour and form...



Once again I fail miserably at photographing daffodils in a local park, although each time I fail I feel I am coming closer to what I am trying to achieve. Odd, that I am finding it such a challenge to get a successful image of some yellow flowers. Perhaps I am trying too hard.

Undeterred, I move on to the beach to concentrate on colour and form, as with the beach huts on Boscombe seafront (above), and the repeating pattern of a security grille covering the window of a promenade surfing shop (below). At one time standing in an orderly row, the huts have been moved to some extent by the action of stormy seas last month, thus breaking the regular scheme. I underexposed the colour image slightly to increase saturation, and converted the other to black and white, before selenium toning it in Adobe Lightroom.





70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens.

Top: 1/200 second at f/11.  - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400
Below: 1/250 second at f/11.  - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2014

No comments: