Gallery

Friday, January 16, 2015

Atmospheric energy



Wednesday's storm came and went, if you could describe it as such. It did blow through the night; it did rain, but it wasn't the problem I thought it was going to be. But with all that energy going on overhead I am getting the skies that were promised to me a week ago as the tail-end of the system passes, and an afternoon of dawdling along the surf line with my camera was an afternoon well spent. 

What I could have used were some good low tides to better reflect all that colour. Unfortunately it's not until late next week before they get spectacularly low, by which time the weather will have changed, no doubt. You never know, I might be lucky.


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/100 second at f/11. Matrix metering. ISO 320



© 2015



2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

You manage to take that same stretch of beach and capture the beauty in it so often. Up close. Far away. Color. B and W. Patterns in the sand. Animals. People. People and their animals. Structures. I always look forward to a new post. Thanks, man.

Richard Brewer said...

My pleasure, Tim. There is so much that can be photographed at one location if you are prepared to keep going back; looking and waiting, and every day will be a different.

To be honest I had begun to feel that I may have overdone it, but your comment has spurred me on, for the time being at least. It won't be long now before the sun sets too far inland and I will have to move with it. :-)