Gallery

Sunday, January 11, 2015

It's getting near dawn





I hadn't planned on being awake at 5 am, but since I was - and the sky was clear -  I decided to make the best of a poor situation and go out to take some photographs. Packing two lenses, and strapping a tripod onto the outside of my bag, I set out in the gathering light to more or less the same spot as yesterday. Clear nights mean cold dawns, but at least there is no frost. The wind is quite biting on the exposed cliff top, though, but I am suitably wrapped for the occasion and I won't be there long.

Whenever doing dawn shoots - at whatever time of the year - I always find it quite magical when our star, once again, breaks the horizon.



24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. Matrix metering. Tripod and remote release. ISO 200

Top: 1/4 second at f/11 (25 minutes before sunrise)
Middle: 1/50 second at f/16. - 0.33 EV compensation (1 minute after sunrise)
Bottom: 1/40 second at f/16. + 0.67 EV compensation (4 minutes after sunrise)



© 2015

No comments: