Gallery

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Step by step





The compositional trick of a frame within a frame works well here, with this image of a robin in my back garden. Subjects for wildlife photography can be found within a few feet of your doorstep if you are prepared to look and wait, and putting out food, especially at this time of year, works wonders.

Having enticed this fiercely territorial bird into the vicinity it was just a case of being patient. I work on the principle of: shoot, and then gradually move my setup a couple of steps closer. Taking care not to stress my subject, I repeat this action until I get what I am after.



300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/30 second at f/5.6. Matrix metering.  - 1 stop EV compensation. Tripod and remote release. ISO 400



© 2015

No comments: