Gallery

Thursday, January 08, 2015

It's just a question of when



"There's a storm coming, and you'll get good skies". This nugget of information was offered by a chap who had been eyeing-up my photographic activities on the beach, although I don't see any evidence of one for the next few days on the weather map. His unsolicited advice is as valid as anybody's, I guess, and I don't doubt for one minute there is a storm coming. It's just a question of when.

This time last year was different, of course, and I lost count of the number of times such an event rolled in from the West, but for the time being it is somewhat mild. The crocus featured in Tuesday's post has now opened but remains only one of a pair visible so far, and it is nice - if not unusual - to have windows open during the day at this time of year.

The wave upon the beach in today's photo reminds me of what a hurricane looks like from space.




12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/800 second at f/11. Matrix metering. ISO 200



© 2015

No comments: