Gallery

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lucky break



I have the opportunity to photograph three low tides that roughly coincide with sunset this week, and today was something of a practice run. Keeping a close eye on the Met Office satellite image for visible cloud during the morning, I judge that despite the bleak forecast I might just get some light at just the right time, and set off to the beach.

In the end it turned out pretty good. In fact, it might well be the best of the three days since tomorrow is forecast to be bright and sunny; not good if the sky is clear as cloud not only diffuses the light but makes things far more interesting. I could have done with the occasional shaft of direct light to add a touch of drama, but frankly I think I was lucky to get what I did.



12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/80 second at f/11. Matrix metering. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320. Monopod



© 2015

 

No comments: