Gallery

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Boscombe kitesurfer...

I might be forgiven for thinking that this year spring and summer have been skipped, and that I am back in the winter months, given the current weather: below average temperatures; stiff winds - 20 knots, I am reliably informed, by the chap holding an anemometer aloft nearby - and clouds capable of delivering heavy showers. Ideal shooting conditions.

It doesn't take much for me to be out when it's like this; nor the kite-surfers on Boscombe beach, Dorset. There are eight or ten using the designated area for such activities, and although a super-telephoto would pull in greater detail, I am carrying just a 50mm optic - the gentleman's choice - when it comes to lenses. I have extolled its virtues elsewhere in these pages, but suffice to say it is an absolute bargain from any manufacturer, and very versatile. It has a similar angle of view of the human eye, and so gives a more natural appearance to photographs.

I, for one, love it.


50mm f/1.8 AF Nikkor. 1/2000 second at f/11. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

3 comments:

dusty said...

Superb cloud formation - really dramatic .

Nic said...

That's me told!

Richard Brewer said...

My pleasure, Nic. Always glad to be of help :-)

Thank you, Dusty.