Gallery

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A little sun and rain...

Today I hadn't planned on any shooting, but I did decide to take a camera for a ride along the seafront of Poole Bay, Dorset. It was a similar day, weather wise, to yesterday - sunny, but breezy - but I had no idea of what was to come late in the afternoon.

At 5.10pm I heard the first distant clap of thunder, and the skies began to darken in the East. With a bit of luck I would get a storm to shoot. Unfortunately that luck never fully materialised, and despite numerous rumblings the storm itself passed inland.

I was, however, treated to some spectacular skies, which I was able to shoot in the comparative comfort of dryness, but it was the rainbow out to sea, with the diffused sun picking out the distant falling rain that fascinated me. I deliberately underexposed the shot so as to saturate the colours.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/1600 second at f/8. - 1 stop EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

No comments: