Gallery

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Boscombe surfer...

For the second day of my lens exercise I select a fast aperture telephoto - the Cream Machine, as it affectionately known by its aficionados, by its ability to throw a background into a pleasing blur - and intend to shoot with it wide open. However, bright conditions make it difficult to achieve without overexposing, so I have to stop it down two f-stops for practical purposes.

I choose Boscombe beach on Poole bay for my location, and spend a great deal of the afternoon dodging showers of hail and rain; then dealing with bouts of bright sunshine, but these conditions never bother the surfers that frequent the area (when will that artificial surf reef be made useable? Ha!).


85mm f/1.4D Nikkor. 1/8000 second at f/2.8. - 2.33 EV compensation. ISO 200


© 2012


No comments: