Gallery

Monday, April 09, 2012

Cancelled due to bad weather...

...read the sign adorning the bandstand in a local park: The planned Easter Fun Day was off. Hardly surprising since it had been raining all day, but that wasn't going to stop me. Besides, I have a new pair of walking boots that need a bit of mileage, and I decide upon a seaside shoot.

If it had been better weather then the beaches of Poole bay would have been busy with people of all ages, but today it is largely deserted. There is, of course, the surf activities at Boscombe pier to photograph (always something going on there, even if conditions aren't favourable - no wind or waves won't stop 'em), but the occasional kite and board surfer don't produce inspiring images, and I'm not equipped lens wise. I take a few shots as the steady rain continues, and call it a day.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/640 second at f/5.6. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

2 comments:

Nic said...

It was a bit rainy, wasn't it? Tomorrow is meant to be nicer. I like your photo very much. :-) P

Richard Brewer said...

Thank you, Pixie. Yes, the sun is back in the south (they say). Mind you, a bit of rain won't stop me getting out there for some photography.