Gallery

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Bright and breezy...

The atrocious weather that has plagued much of the UK this week has dissipated - at least for the southern counties - and been replaced by bright and breezy conditions. It has even got a bit warmer, the weathermen tell me, although the stiff breeze certainly adds an edge to things, especially so along the beaches of Poole Bay, Dorset.

There are several kite surfers in action, and I single out one who shows a bit of promise for some action shots. However, he has other ideas, and tends to spend more time further from the shore than I would like for the lens I am using. He does make the occasional swoop close to the shore, but the broken cloud always seemed to cast its unwanted shadow on my subject at the critical moment, and I resign myself to not getting something worthwhile. I take two further frames and move along the beach.  It is not until I get the images up on my computer screen that I see I got a useable image without realising it at the time.

It is not often that I am able to use a shot without some degree of cropping to tidy up an image - but in this case it is full frame.


70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/4000 second at f/5.6. + 0 33 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012


No comments: