Gallery

Monday, June 18, 2012

My best side...

This afternoon I'm out for a bit of casual snapping with a long lens - the longer the better - as I fit a x1.4 teleconverter to my longest lens before I leave the house; I'm determined to maximise my pulling power, no matter what my subject.

Heading for the beach, I have vague notions about images with compressed perspective; so easy to achieve with a super-telephoto, but it is as I walk through a local park that I get the opportunity to photograph the members of the local grey squirrel population.

I almost pass up today's subject (left) as I am lacking in the necessary bribe/payment (food) to entice them into suitable positions on the ground, but a fellow appreciator of all things wild happens along at the same moment and proceeds to feed them biscuits. I'm not so sure that this type of food is particularly good for squirrels, but they seem to lap it all up whilst I shoot a number of animal portraits from the sidelines - a win/win situation.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor (VR on) with TC-14EII converter. 1/80 second at f/4. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400 Monopod


© 2012


No comments: