Gallery

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Don't do it...

It's rather odd that I start a post about photography talking about football, but as I start to write I am waiting for the kick-off of the England v Ukraine match of Euro 2012. For the first time that I can remember, has there been so little expectation about the national team's performance in a major tournament (assuming, of course, they have qualified). This is reflected in the noticeable absence of national flags adorning private vehicles; something that proliferates at other times...


I am out relatively early this morning, as the day is warm and clear, and strolling along the seafront of Poole Bay, Dorset with a camera. I make a number of photographs of this and that that catches my eye, but for some inexplicable reason I am in a decidedly black and white mood. Most of my shots have bold composition, and plenty of scope for post production dodging and burning-in, as here with a sign screwed to a wall at Southbourne.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/800 second at f/11. ISO 400


© 2012

2 comments:

Nic said...

If we keep quiet then perhaps a win will creep up on us.

Perhaps not.

Richard Brewer said...

It worked! :-)