Gallery

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Artist block...

It's quite late before I make the decision to write a blog post about today's afternoon shoot by the sea. The reason is, I'm struggling to select an image from the 134 frames of cloud formations over Poole Bay, Dorset. There are the usual repetitious sequences; the outright duff shots; the one or two that didn't quite make it despite my good intentions, but nothing jumps out at me from the screen; nothing seems to be an obvious choice. There are, however, a number of decent enough photographs to spur me on to actually process the images for archiving. The thing is...I'm just not inspired.

Strange, really, since nature treated me to dramatic cloud and light all afternoon - and I didn't even get wet - since all the rain that did happen happened out to sea. Still, it could be worse: I have, on at least one occasion to my recollection, deleted an entire day's shooting - without backing anything up - for the reason mentioned above. Inspiration (or the lack of it).

I feel sure that some day I will look back on folder #881, and wonder why I didn't think there was anything of value contained therein, but for now I will simply add the image that had (possibly) the most drama, and leave it at that. Maybe I will have better ideas tomorrow. Maybe I need a rest.


12-24mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/640 second at f/8. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200


© 2012

No comments: