Gallery

Monday, January 30, 2012

A bit of a gambol...

Winter has arrived, it seems, at least along the coast of Dorset. This is validated by low temperatures, an Easterly wind... and snow. Yes, something of a rare occurrence in the area, but at 9.37 this morning I witnessed falling flakes.  Albeit very slight, it would still be enough to make bookmakers acknowledge a white Christmas (had it, in fact, happened on that day - i.e., a payout). So, in a nutshell: today it snowed.

By early afternoon the thick grey cloud had thinned sufficiently to allow a bit of sun through, so I selected an unlikely lens pairing - an 85mm f/1.4  portrait lens, and a full frame fisheye - and get out on my bike to shoot seascape images.

I'm busy photographing waves breaking on the beach at Southbourne when a small short-haired, er... dog, gambols through the waves as they roll along the shore, barking at everything and nothing and clearly having a grand time of it all. By the time I fire the shutter I have already decided to convert the image to monochrome.


10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye Nikkor. 1/500 second at f/8. ISO 400


© 2012

1 comment:

Nic said...

Interesting photo.