Gallery

Friday, January 27, 2012

A personal best...

My word, what a lot of weather we're having along the south coast at the moment - more like April showers than winter - but it does give me reason to go out again during late afternoon to see what can be had with a camera.

I'm no sooner riding along Bournemouth's sea front when I'm caught in one of the aforementioned showers and take shelter on Boscombe pier, where I photograph the rain coming down over the Isle of Purbeck. Unfortunately, the pier closes at 4pm at this time of year, so I'm ejected before the gates are locked.

I make my way west before eventually stopping to photograph the last of the afternoon light at Branksome Beach. I'm carrying a fisheye lens with me on this occasion - not the land or sea-scapers first choice of optic -  but occasionally it comes in handy for something a bit different, with its 180º angle of view from corner to corner, and huge depth of field. At least I don't have to worry about level horizons, and straight lines are out of the window, so it's a fun lens to use with the right subjects.

I also think I've made something of a record for this blog, today: 14 posts in a month (and still four days to go).


10.5 mm f/2.8G Fisheye Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/11. - 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

No comments: