Gallery

Friday, January 27, 2012

Halfway to France...

An early morning check of the Met Office's Infrared satellite image tells me all I need to know: clear skies over much of England. That, plus light winds, and it's a recipe for a pre-dawn start for some early morning exercise and photography thrown in along the way, should anything present itself to the camera.

On such ventures it is always my policy to ride into the wind on the outward leg of the trip - it's so much nicer (and easier) to have it on my back going home - so I again cycle west along the front of Poole bay as the dawn begins to break. Sunrise is at 7.50am, but I won't see that due to the cloud bank that so often sits on the horizon (in the photo it is roughly half way across the English Channel), but I start making photographs the moment I arrive at a favourite spot on the beach of Canford Cliffs.

I shoot a number of images into the light as the sun breaks above the cloud, but it's the delicate pastel hues of the early morning light that produces the best image, with Handfast Point and Old Harry Rocks on the horizon.


24-70mm f/2.8 AF-S Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/8. ISO 400


© 2012

No comments: