Gallery

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dustpan and Brush...

The last in the current trilogy of this weekend's sunset photographs (I hope: well it has to be since today is Sunday). I'm finding precious little to shoot at the moment, but with early signs of spring being just around the corner I'm content to make do with the easy subjects.

It had been a mostly clear day along the coast of Dorset, although a gusty wind took the edge of it, but as mid afternoon arrived wispy, high-altitude cloud rolled in. However, not enough of it to rob me of the light.

Low tide in Poole Bay was at 1600 hours, so I venture to the beach for dusk images, plus the hope that again I might be treated to an afterglow and something dramatic. Not so this time, although the sky had good detail once the sun had set (right).

In spite of low water I'm forced to keep an eye out for waves that continually roll up the beach and threaten to engulf my feet - past experience has conditioned me to this - whilst I try to capture wave patterns that in some way echo sky.

Oh, yes, the blog title: I did it for a dare! (don't ask).

12-24mm AF-S Nikkor. 1/400 second at f/5.6. ISO 640


© 2012

1 comment:

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.