Gallery

Monday, July 02, 2012

Gone fishin'...

According to the Met Office, it's the jet stream that crosses the Atlantic that is causing all the poor weather most of Europe is enduring at the moment. It should be much further north, they tell us. Well, it isn't, so we will have to grin and bear it: at least for the next week.

It doesn't bother me at all, nor this keen sea angler I stopped to have a chat to this afternoon, fishing off the beach at Southbourne, Bournemouth. Between casts we exchanged views on the environment, ecology and the fact that the wind and rain gave us both an essentially empty beach to enjoy our respective practices. I particularly liked the fact that anything he caught (he had a sea bass just before I arrived) was put back into the water to live another day. My kind of fisherman.


12-24mm f/4G AF Nikkor. 1/1000 second at f/5.6. ISO 400.


© 2012

No comments: