Gallery

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The job's a good'un...

It must surely be one of the easiest jobs going at the moment: weather forecaster in the UK. Just wave a hand arbitrarily at a map of the British Isles; say "rain here" and the job's a good'un. Okay, it's not their fault we are having the conditions we have, but I reckon they are not losing any sleep over the accuracy of their predictions at the moment.

Of course, this is all tongue-in-cheek, and the precipitation we are all becoming oh-so-used-to isn't going to stop me taking photographs. I do, on the rare occasion, contemplate shooting some still life images indoors, but that notion gets quickly dismissed as I would rather be outside. Someday, perhaps.

As it happens, I'm struggling to find anything remotely interesting to take pictures of. There is a limit to how many grey skies and deserted beaches I can photograph before it becomes monotonous to do, let alone look at, but that changes when I take shelter from the persistent rain on Boscombe Pier, Dorset. As I sit and peer into the gloom (I have the structure to myself), I espy the safety railings reflected in the wet decking and see light and shapes. Out comes my camera.


70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/160 second at f/8. ISO 640


© 2012

No comments: