Gallery

Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer...

Summer has arrived in the UK! Great rejoicing, you would think - and I am sure there are many that are - but for me, not so. Sure, I like it warm (not hot) but the light during the middle of the day when there are clear blue skies is all but unusable; brutal, in fact. I go for an afternoon beach ramble with my camera, but come home empty handed, image wise.

It's on days like this that the early morning/early evening sessions pay dividends, so I set of again (this time on my bike) to a specific location with my biggest lens, in the vague hope of  photographing the local kestrel that hunts along the cliff tops of Poole Bay, and specifically, Southbourne.

Of course, it doesn't show up. I shoot endless images of various types of gulls sailing past on the summer breeze, but my intended target makes no appearance. In between bouts of scouring the skies for the bird I occasionally point my lens elsewhere, and capture this couple strolling in the distance, enjoying the evening air on Boscombe beach.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/2500 second at f/5.6. - 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

1 comment:

Nic said...

No pleasing some people... ;)