Gallery

Monday, July 09, 2012

Sunshine...

After the drabness of the past five days or so, and the resulting series of monochrome images, it is good to have a splash of colour back on these pages. Not only has it stopped raining but the sun has made a tentative appearance during the afternoon; but only for a short while.

I am lucky enough to be out with my camera during that period, and once again heading for the cliffs and beaches of Poole Bay, Dorset. I recently  resolved to make this location the subject of my lens for the rest of the year, although when called to shoot other occasions and events then that is what I shall do. But for general photography I feel the seafront; cliffs and all - and its ever changing scenery, light and inhabitants - is enough to keep me interested for the time being.

Take this Black-headed Gull, for example, hovering on the wind blowing across the cliff tops of Southbourne, eyeing up something on the ground that might prove to be a tasty snack; or at the very least worth investigating. A relatively easy shot, granted (these gulls are everywhere), but set against a backdrop of grass and summer flowers it makes a welcome change to all that grey.


70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/3200 second at f/5.6. ISO 400

© 2012


1 comment:

Nic said...

When I was at the marshes the other day, I was watching about three of these chaps. I think one was a youngster. You should have heard the racket. But what was amusing was them trying to walk against the strong wind. They have such a funny walk. I could have watched them all day. Funny little things.

Thank you for bringing the colour back. :)