Gallery

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Time...

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain, goes the Pink Floyd song, which comes to mind as precipitation starts once again during this (so far) miserable summer in the UK. Although there is little chance of sunshine I can take advantage of the rain, and I get kitted-out with waterproof this and that and head out into it with a camera. There are photo opportunities to be had, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Seascapes are my favourite subjects for such conditions: dark, brooding skies, reflected in tone by the sea. I usually can't fail, but as I trudge into the wind and rain I see little to point my lens at until I come level with a man waving a metal detector (modern-day beach comber?) to-and-fro in front of himself at low tide, and I take several token shots, move on and think no more of it.

But then the steady rain stops and the sky brightens. I stop and look back in the direction I came and see the break in the threatening cloud has allowed the light to illuminate Hengistbury Head on the Dorset coast. Not direct sunlight, but enough to contrast the headland against the grey.


70-200mm f/2.8D Apo Sigma lens. 1/1600 second at f/5.6. ISO 500


© 2012

1 comment:

Nic said...

"It's just as natural as the weather
In this moody sky today."