Gallery

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hey, this way!

Although I am sure there are those who will strongly disagree with me, I'm finding the clear skies over nearly all of the UK a bit tiresome. It is, granted, fairly warm, and it is pleasant weather to be out and about in, but not from a photographic perspective. I long for some fluffy cloud here and there to alter the light a touch. Oh well.

After an fairly busy morning I find myself back on the river. I deliberately try to break from recent habits and shoot with a macro lens - willow catkins, to be precise - but I'm not confident I have anything useable, so I traipse back to a surefire spot and rattle of goodness how many shots of a virtually stationary heron.

But interspersed with this I shoot a number of frames of a Black-headed gull, perched precariously on a slippery rock; mostly static poses, but occasionally a bit of wing flapping for balance (photo). I find this image quite humorous, as if the gull is calling his mates and pointing to something interesting.

I should get out more (but then I do anyway).


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/2000 second at f/8.  -1 stop EV compensation. ISO 400. Monopod.


© 2012

No comments: