Gallery

Monday, March 05, 2012

Walking the backshore...

This afternoon I make an impromptu trip to the beach with a camera, and am immediately struck by the way the light catches the ripples and hollows of the wind blown sand. Immediately, I know what my subjects will be.

Unlike those of the past few weeks, I keep my walk away from the surf line and concentrate on objects found on the backshore - the generally dry part of the beach. At this time of the week the sand has had the opportunity to recover from weekend users, and it is mostly smooth due to wind action.

Long before I uploaded the images to my computer I had made the decision to convert the most successful photograph(s) to monochrome, using shape and form, rather than colour, to get my point across.


105mm f/2.8D Sigma macro lens. 1/250 second at f/11. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400. Monopod


© 2012

1 comment:

Dusty said...

This isn't just a photo - it's art .