Gallery

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring!

For the first time this year I feel confident enough to go out shooting without a coat, as temperatures are expected to hit 20 ºC across parts of the UK. Whether that occurred in my part of the county or not is by-the-by: it was warm outside today. Spring!

I feel I have now gleaned enough information from locals as to the whereabouts of the elusive otter that I have been recently seeking, so all it really requires is to plan an early start and hope for the best. The upcoming weekend seems a likely bet.

It's on my way back from my latest "fact finding mission" that I come across a fine specimen of a willow, resplendent with male catkins (photo), and notice the attention given to them by a large number of bees. I am forced to press a super-telephoto lens into service as a close up lens (it's the only lens I'm carrying) if I want any meaningful images, and start making photographs, but it's the sudden arrival of a Red Admiral butterfly that makes the afternoon's shoot a success.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor. 1/1600 second at f/4.  -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200. Monopod


© 2012

No comments: